Mindstate Motivation Blog

img
0
99%?

A lot’s been heard lately about the 99% vs. the 1%.  Of course, the 1% being synonymous with wealth and the rest of us, the 99%, being something other than wealthy.  Frankly, I don’t think it should be thought of as an us vs. them kind of thing.

Let’s face it we all need each other.  The wealthy need the rest of us so we can provide the services to them that help them build their wealth.  For the 99%, those jobs serving the wealthy are the thing that sustain our lifestyle and/or give us hope that, if we work hard enough, we might become a member of the 1%.

So, why be adversarial about the whole thing?  The concept of abundance would confirm there can be enough for everyone.  If we all thought from that basis, we would all be pulling together to create more for everyone thus making enough for everyone!

The definition of the word, conflict, precludes the idea of general abundance as being viable.  One simple definition of conflict being “a lack of agreement between opinions, principles, etc.”  A simple definition of abundance, on the other hand, would be “affluence; wealth.”  If there is a lack of agreement between the opinions, principles, etc., of the 99% and the 1%, how can you have affluence or wealth for all?  My answer is you can’t!

I believe the more those of us who see ourselves as a member of the 99% work to become a part of the 1% the less power the current 1% has over the current level of abundance.  In other words, rather than trying to shout down or take from the 1% we should be focusing on our efforts to create enough abundance where the 1% becomes 2%, etc.

An arithmetic fact:  100-1=99.  Why would we want to be a part of a situation that means less for everybody?  The principle of abundance says you can’t take from others to create more.  You create more for all and you inevitably have more for yourself.  For me, that thinking adds up to more than 100%.

0
No comments so far!